Maja Brložnik graduated as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in 2004 from the Veterinary Faculty of the University in Ljubljana. The same year she entered into a postgraduate programme of biomedicine at the University of Ljubljana. She graduated with Master thesis “Review of canine diseases with signs of urinary tract disease”.
Since 2006 she has been working in the private practice with her work and research focus on internal medicine, cardiology, diagnostic imaging, cytology and emergency. She has attended over 150 different specialized veterinary courses including courses in internal medicine, cardiology, diagnostic ultrasound and computed tomography at the European School for Advanced Veterinary Studies, and ultrasound, radiography and computed tomography at the Royal Veterinary College.
She has actively contributed to more than 50 conferences, congresses and journals. In 2013, she entered into the postgraduate programme at the University of Luxembourg, and graduated as ’’European Master of Small Animal Veterinary Medicine’’ in 2018. In 2016 she enrolled into the interdisciplinary Doctoral Programme Biomedicine. In the last few years, Maja Brložnik has been working also in Asia. In Hong Kong, Singapore and various Chinese cities she performs referenced ultrasonographic examinations of abdomen and heart, and teaches veterinarians at ultrasound courses.
Maja Brložnik works at the Small Animal Clinic as an external collaborator in cardiology, emergency and diagnostic ultrasound.
- Brložnik M, Švara T, Gombač M. Juvenilna nefropatija pri škotskem ovčarju. Slov Vet Res 2011; 48 (Suppl 13): 67–70.
- Brložnik M, Golob M, Zdovc I. Uporaba doksiciklina za zdravljenje okužb sečnega mehurja s proti meticilinu odpornimi stafilokoki. Slov Vet Res 2011; 48 (Suppl 13): 63–6.
- Brložnik M, Šterk K, Hacin B, Zdovc I. What is your diagnosis? Candiduria in a dog with recurrent infection induced urolithiasis. Austr Vet Pract 2013; 43: 479–81.
- Brložnik M, Avbelj V. Wireless electrocardiographic monitoring in veterinary medicine. In: 38th International Convention on Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Microelectronics (MIPRO): proceedings. Opatija: MIPRO & IEEE, 2015: 356–9.
- Krvavica A, Likar Š, Brložnik M, Domanjko-Petrič A, Avbelj V. Comparison of wireless electrocardiographic monitoring and standard ECG in dogs. In: 37th International Convention on Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Microelectronics: proceedings (MIPRO). Opatija: MIPRO & IEEE, 2016.
- Brložnik M, Šterk K, Zdovc I. Prevalence and resistance patterns of canine uropathogens in regard to concurrent diseases. Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 2016; 129: 340–50.
- Brložnik M, Faraguna S, Vergles Rataj A, Slavec B, Kostanjšek R, Gruntar I. Pentatrichomonas hominis coinfection in a puppy from Slovenian shelter. Slo Vet Res 2016; 53: 229–35.
- Brložnik M, Faraguna S, Švara T, Gombač M. A case of recurrent feline gastrointestinal eosinophilic sclerosing fibroplasia and eosinophlic cystitis in a domestic short-haired cat. Veterinarni Med 2017; 62: 295–300.
- Brložnik M, Avbelj V. A case report of long-term wireless electrocardiographic monitoring in a dog with dilated cardiomyopathy. In: Proceedings of 40th International Convention on Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Microelectronics (MIPRO). Opatija: MIPRO & IEEE, 2017.
- Baranger-Ete M, Brložnik M. High prevalence of pulmonary hypertension in Hong Kongese dogs. WSAVA, Singapore, 25.-28.9.2018.
- Brložnik M, Likar Š, Krvavica A, Avbelj V, Domanjko-Petrič A. Wireless body sensor for electrocardiographic monitoring in dogs and cats. J Small Anim Pract 2019; 60: 223-230
- Žmuc J, Gašljevič G, Serša G, et al. Large liver blood vessels and bile ducts are not damaged by electrochemotherapy with bleomycin in pigs. Sci Reports 2019; 9; 3649.
- Brložnik M, Domanjko Petrič A, Kadunc Kos V, Rahkovska Koceva A, Avbelj V. Wireless electrocardiographic monitoring in equine medicine. In: Proceedings of 42nd International Convention on Information and Communication Technology, Electronics and Microelectronics (MIPRO). Opatija: MIPRO & IEEE, 2019: 298-392.
- Brložnik M, Boc N, Serša G, et al. Radiologic findings of porcine liver after electrochemotherapy with bleomycin. Radiol Oncol 2019.