Nina Milevoj graduated as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia in 2016. She enrolled in the Interdisciplinary Doctoral Programme in Biomedicine in the same year and in 2020, she successfully defended her doctoral dissertation entitled »Evaluation of the procedures of electrochemotherapy and gene electrotransfer of plasmid DNA encoding canine interleukin-12 for the treatment of spontaneous cutaneous and oral tumours in dogs«, made under the mentorship of prof. dr. Nataša Tozon.
She spent two years as an exchange student at Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro in Portugal. Before graduation, she completed six months of practical training at the Royal Veterinary College London, Veterinary Referral and Critical Care Centre in Essex and University College Dublin.
Nina continues her research work at the Small Animal Clinic of the Veterinary Faculty, University of Ljubljana, within the basic research project »Monitoring of the clinical and immune response to improve the outcome of combined electrochemotherapy and IL-12 gene therapy in dogs with spontaneous peripheral tumours«, led by prof. dr. Nataša Tozon. In addition to research, she also performs clinical work and teaching of undergraduate students, mainly in the fields of oncology and computed tomography.
- NEMEC Ana, MILEVOJ Nina, LAMPREHT TRATAR Urša, SERŠA Gregor, ČEMAŽAR Maja, TOZON Nataša. Electroporation-based treatments in small animal veterinary oral and maxillofacial oncology. Frontiers in veterinary science.
- DEŽMAN Rok, ČEMAŽAR Maja, SERŠA Gregor, SELIŠKAR Alenka, ERJAVEC Vladimira, TROTOVŠEK Blaž, GAŠLJEVIĆ Gorana, BOŠNJAK Maša, LAMPREHT TRATAR Urša, KOS Bor, DJOKIĆ Mihajlo, MILEVOJ Nina, ŠTUKELJ Marina, BOC Nina, IZLAKAR Jani, POPOVIĆ Peter. Safety and feasibility of electrochemotherapy of the pancreas in a porcine model. Pancreas. 2020, vol. 49, no. 9, str. 1168-1173, ilustr.
- MILEVOJ Nina, TOZON Nataša, LIČEN Sabina, LAMPREHT TRATAR Urša, SERŠA Gregor, ČEMAŽAR Maja. Health-related quality of life in dogs treated with electrochemotherapy and/or interleukin-12 gene electrotransfer. Veterinary medicine and science. 2020, vol. 6, str. 290-298, ilustr.
- BRLOŽNIK Maja, BOC Nina, SERŠA Gregor, ŽMUC Jan, GAŠLJEVIĆ Gorana, SELIŠKAR Alenka, DEŽMAN Rok, EDHEMOVIĆ Ibrahim, MILEVOJ Nina, PLAVEC Tanja, ERJAVEC Vladimira, PAVLIN Darja, BOŠNJAK Maša, BRECELJ Erik, LAMPREHT TRATAR Urša, KOS Bor, IZLAKAR Jani, ŠTUKELJ Marina, MIKLAVČIČ Damijan, ČEMAŽAR Maja. Radiological findings of porcine liver after electrochemotherapy with bleomycin. Radiology and oncology. [Print ed.]. Dec. 2019, vol. 53, no. 4, str. 415-426, iv, ilustr.
- MILEVOJ Nina, LAMPREHT TRATAR Urša, NEMEC Ana, BROŽIČ Andreja, ŽNIDAR Katarina, SERŠA Gregor, ČEMAŽAR Maja, TOZON Nataša. A combination of electrochemotherapy, gene electrotransfer of plasmid encoding canine IL-12 and cytoreductive surgery in the treatment of canine oral malignant melanoma. Research in Veterinary Science. 2019, vol. 122, str. 40-49.
- ŽMUC Jan, GAŠLJEVIĆ Gorana, SERŠA Gregor, EDHEMOVIĆ Ibrahim, BOC Nina, SELIŠKAR Alenka, PLAVEC Tanja, BRLOŽNIK Maja, MILEVOJ Nina, BRECELJ Erik, KOS Bor, IZLAKAR Jani, JARM Tomaž, SNOJ Marko, ŠTUKELJ Marina, MIKLAVČIČ Damijan, ČEMAŽAR Maja. Large liver blood vessels and bile ducts are not damaged by electrochemotherapy with bleomycin in pigs. Scientific reports. 2019, vol. 9, no. 1, str. [1-11].