The Dentistry and Oral Surgery Department was established at the Small Animal Clinic of the Veterinary faculty University of Ljubljana in 1988. After extensive renovation and modernization in 2016, it represents a state-of-the-art veterinary dental suite. We provide diagnostic and treatment procedures for different dental, oral and maxillofacial diseases and conditions, also in cooperation with other clinics and institutes at home and abroad. We most commonly treat dogs and cats. In cooperation with veterinarians – specialists for other animal species, we also treat rabbits, rodents and ferrets. We also provide dental services to the animals of the Ljubljana ZOO.
Because general anesthesia is required to properly perform oral and dental examination and treatments, your animal will be handled by a team of highly qualified experts in the field of small animal medicine.
Periodontal disease and periodontal treatment
- routine periodontal treatment
- advanced periodontal treatment and periodontal surgery
Dental trauma (fractured teeth) and endodontic treatment
- vital pulpectomy
- total pulpectomy
- periodontal trauma – avulsion/luxation
Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- dental extractions
- oncologic surgery
- jaw fracture repair
- congenital and acquired palatal defects repair
- treatment of sialoceles
- oral tumors
- chronic feline gingivostomatitis
- feline tooth resorption
- unerupted teeth and odontogenic cysts
- eosinophilic granuloma complex
- craniomandibular osteopathy
- autoimmune diseases
- masticatory muscle myositis
- idiopathic trigeminal neuritis
- linguoversion of mandibular canine teeth
- mesioversion of maxillary canine teeth
- relative mandibular brachygnathia, relative mandibular prognathia, micrognathia
- acquired malocclusions
We only perform orthodontic treatment in animals with malocclusions causing them pain and discomfort. We do not perform orthodontic treatment for aesthetic reasons. We recommend not to breed animals that received orthodontic treatment.
- crown restorations
All dentistry and oral surgery procedures are performed on weekdays between 8.00 and 15.00; dental emergencies are treated on an emergency basis. For non-urgent procedures, please make an appointment by calling +38614779277 between 8.00 and 19.00 weekdays, or between 8.00 and 13.30 on Saturdays. The waiting time is approximately 2 weeks.
In case of emergency, call +38630716190, 24 hours a day.